Call for Entries
Sixteen Mile Arts photography gallery seeks a broad range of mobile device created Black & White photography from established and emerging photographers for Shadow Stories Vol.3 held April 18 – May 21, 2017. Juried by Sixteen Mile Arts curator/owner Daniel Berman.
All mobile photo-based images are welcome. There is no limitation to subject matter or technique. All entries will be reviewed and judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit.
Sixteen Mile Arts invites mobile photographers from around the world working in all mediums, styles, and schools of thought to participate. Experimental and mixed techniques are welcome. Artwork must be photography-based. Images should be black & white (monochrome, please no sepia) – we encourage you to avoid submitting duotones, sepia, etc…if in doubt please feel free to contact us to clarify.
Juror’s Review Criteria in Order of Importance:
- Does the image communicate the artist’s unique vision? Tell a story? Express emotion? Interact with the viewer?
- Does the subject matter (content, composition, and light) benefit from the Black & White treatment? Does your choice of B&W show us something new in the image?
- Did the artist exhibit technical control in image capture and post-processing?
- Entry Deadline: April 06, 2017 11:59pm PST
- Notice of acceptance to exhibit: On or prior to April 12 , 2016
- Print service: Sixteen Mile Arts pays for prints.
- Opening reception: Friday April 21, 2017
- Show closes: May 21, 2017
$15 for one images, $30 for three images, $50 for six images and $100 for 15 images. Online submission is directly through Sixteen Mile Arts & online fees are handled securely through our PayPal and/or our Square Payment Gateways.
How to Enter
Image Requirements for Upload
- Images must be 8mb or smaller.
- Images must be monochrome (black & white)
- Images must be shot and processed on mobile phones or tablet devices.
- Pixel size is not important to us at this stage – we recommend at least 1000px on the short side although the 10mb limit should allow you to send us pretty much full res images (when a photo is chosen for print we will request your highest resolution or uncompressed version if you haven’t submitted it already. We do all of the necessary enlargements for print here.)
- We recommend you submit JPEG although our system will also recognize PNG. No TIFF files please.
- When you enter the upload module you will be able to title each image. Our system will rename each file so it doesn’t matter what the actual file name is on your end. There is no need to rename files prior to uploading.
Notification of Acceptance
All applicants will be notified by email on or prior to April 12, 2016. A list of accepted artists will be posted on the Sixteen Mile Arts website.
Photographers whose work is accepted for the exhibit will have his/her image(s) printed by Sixteen Mile Arts at no additional cost to the artist.
We print images on exhibition fibre paper & archival inks to make a full impact at exhibition.
- After the exhibit all prints remain available for viewing and available for sale at the gallery as well as our online sales portal. At your request we can ship the exhibit print to you after the show has concluded for a shipping fee.
All work accepted for gallery exhibition must be for sale. Sixteen Mile Arts will retain a 50% commission on the sale of any work. Sale proceeds will be paid to the artist within 15 days of the close of a sale. All photographs must be signed by the artist at the request of a buyer. If necessary, Sixteen Mile Arts will facilitate shipping for you to sign the work.
Each artist retains 100% copyright to his/her own images. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use for marketing/promotion of the exhibit.
- Usage Rights
By submitting images you are giving Sixteen Mile Arts the right to use the images for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and for reproduction online. Artist’s recognition is provided with any use. Submitting artists will be added to the MPA email subscriber list. They may opt out using a link on each email at any time.
- Sixteen Mile Arts reserves the right to adjust any deadline(s) as the result of causes beyond its immediate control.
- Payment of the submission fee indicates acknowledgement of all terms and conditions.